Notice:


As of June 9, 2012 I will no longer be accepting e-books for review. This is due to the overwhelming
demand of reviews, work and night classes taking up a lot of my spare time. It
is taking me several months to read and post reviews therefore until “my to be
reviewed list” is smaller I will no longer accept any more e-books for review.
I am extremely sorry.


September 3, 2012

Review: Darkness (The Brookhaven Vampires Book 2) by Joann Martin Sowles

  Darkness-Front-Cover-lg
Not long ago, Laney Alexander was living a carefree life, that is, until she was thrown into a world full of creatures only the imagination thought possible. Now, after surviving a terrifying night, Laney and Oliver are lying low at Julz's place, relieved to be in each other's arms once again. But fate seems to have other plans...

Julz is not happy to have visitors in her home and emotions run high. Laney is pushed to her limits as she watches Carter fight for his life and her relationship with Oliver becomes strained as she discovers secrets about Julz that could tear them apart.

As she reaches her boiling point, disaster strikes and her life is shattered. Laney must come to terms with what has unfolded. Will she lose her way and let the darkness consume her or will she find her light in Oliver?

Secrets will be revealed. Hearts will be broken. Lives will be lost. Darkness will fall. Excerpt and book cover from Joann’s website.

Since I finished reading Laney I have been patiently waiting for the sequel. I enjoyed Darkness a lot. Though Joann almost killed me at least 6 times minimum from her humor but I will forgive her for almost killing me hehe. Every time she had a joke coming I just happened to take a sip of water and choked a little. The sexual tension between Oliver and Laney was almost unbearable at times and some of it was fairly steamy. There were a few times I rolled my eyes and said “oh just do it already!” I liked that we got to learn more about Carter. There wasn’t a lot of action in Darkness but it still held my attention. Darkness was more family and relationship oriented. If you enjoyed Laney you will love Darkness even more and if you haven’t picked up the series you need to.

My favorite quote from the novel comes from page 248:
“We sat there in the silence for a few minutes before he asked, “Is having sex with a werewolf considered bestiality?””

I think I sat on the couch laughing for 20 min over this one.

Special Thanks to Joann for providing me a copy to review.

The Rating:
5 out of 5

Where to buy (Links from Joann’s website):
Paperback/Hardcover:

Order from Brookehaven Publishing
Order from Lulu
Order from Barnes and Noble
Order from Amazon.com

  eBooks are available for purchase at:
Order from Brookehaven Publishing
Order from iTunes
Order from Smashwords
Order from Diesel-ebooks.com
Order from Barnes and Noble
Order from Amazon.com
Order from Kobobooks.com

Cassay Sig

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved the first book in this series and can't wait to get my hands on this one!

    ReplyDelete